This 9-day tour is the perfect introduction to the diverse cultures, landscapes and culinary delights of Northern Spain. Travel from the buzz of Madrid through Burgos and the Picos de Europa, finishing in Porto after a brief pilgrimage in Santiago de Compostela. Crane your neck to witness exemplary Gothic architecture contained inside medieval walls, walk through lush fields and rub your hand over the worn pillar touched by millions at the Santiago de Compostela Cathedral.
- Spend a day exploring Segovia, where the towering Roman aqueduct is just one of the historic monuments that decorate the town.
- Discover the Gothic magic of Burgos Cathedral, first constructed in the 13 the century from the city’s signature white limestone and still impressive today.
- Sample regional delicacies like local ciders in Asturias, sweet carbayon pastries in Oviedo and, of course, Porto’s eponymous tipple.
- Hike beautiful paths under snow-capped mountains in Picos de Europa National Park, where deep green valleys are framed by rugged grey mountains.
- Walk the final stretch of the Camino alongside weary pilgrims and feel their joy as the spires of the Santiago de Compostella come into view.