Carve your own path through Northern Spain and Portugal and capture the feeling that defines these western European havens. Travel from the buzz of Madrid through Burgos and the Picos de Europa, heading to Porto after a brief pilgrimage in Santiago de Compostela. Continue to explore picture-perfect Portugal through Guimaraes, Coimbra and Lisbon, all teeming with rich history, vibrant regional cultures, stunning landscapes and refined cuisine. With plenty of time to explore at your own pace, this 15-day adventure captures the authentic sides to Spain and Portugal.
- Spend a day exploring Segovia, where the towering Roman aqueduct is just one of the historic monuments that decorate the town.
- Sample regional delicacies like local ciders in Asturias, sweet carbayon pastries in Oviedo and, of course, Porto’s eponymous tipple.
- Walk the final stretch of the Camino alongside weary pilgrims and feel their joy as the spires of the Santiago de Compostela come into view.
- Feel the royal heritage and the student-led vibrancy in the Old Quarter lanes and squares of the university town, Coimbra.
- Get an insight into Fado – an atmospheric amalgamation of music and poetry, and a very popular art form in Portugal.