Embrace the romance of the railway on this splendid alpine tour through Italy, Switzerland and Germany. Begin in Milan and enjoy picturesque lakeside towns before rolling on to Zermatt for alpine adventure and incredible views. Ride the steepest cog railway to Mount Pilatus and take in the German city of Munich as you enjoy regional food, historical sights and the relaxing environment of alpine communities. You’re sure to be invigorated by the crisp mountain air on this unique European rail journey.
- Admire the alpine scenery on the Glacier Express from Zermatt to Chur, a journey that rates among the greatest, slowest, most romantic train trips in the world.
- Enjoy a chocolate-making demonstration in Lucerne. Mixing a passion for chocolate with a pantry full of natural ingredients, a team of chocolate-making magicians will demonstrate their skills exclusively to your group.
- Listen to thrilling stories of attempts at the summit of the mighty Matterhorn, while snacking on local specialities on the picnic lunch at the foot of the mountain.
- Eat, drink and be merry in Munich! Enjoy plenty of free time in this alpine town, full of delicious regional cuisine, festive beer culture and royal Bavarian heritage.
- Take a guided tour of the beautifully located Neuschwanstein Castle and its fairy tale interior – a grandiose 19th-century throwback to the Middle Ages.