Discover ancient history among the most beautiful settings imaginable on this eight-day Adventure Cruising journey along the Turquoise Coast. Explore the ruins of Lycian, Roman and Byzantine empires that sit along the craggy coast and lush hillside. See rock-cut tombs, abandoned cities and crumbling fortresses, then cool off after days of sightseeing by diving into the crisp waters of the Mediterranean Sea. Cruising on a classic Turkish gulet allows for access to tiny beaches and coves as well as the larger port towns, meaning you can take in both the sophisticated European charm and rustic natural beauty that this part of Turkey has in spades.
- There’s no better way to cool off after exploring ancient ruins than diving into the clear waters of the Med – this tour blends history and relaxation for the ideal holiday.
- Visit Gemiler Island, home to the ruins of a town abandoned 100 years ago. Wander through the remarkable remains of this little village.
- Enjoy plenty of local meals, a cooking class and a trip to a Fethiye market where you can select a fish you’d like for dinner.
- Swim and snorkel in the crystal-blue waters that surround the sunken city of Kekova, then enjoy an afternoon tasting delicious local cuisine.
- Take a guided walk around Kas, beginning with the fourth-century Lion’s Tomb and ending with a sunset drink in a Hellenistic seaside amphitheatre.