Discover the wonders of North and South Cyprus on this 13-day tour of the Mediterranean’s best-kept secret. Travel from Famagusta in Turkish-controlled Northern Cyprus to Nicosia, a lively city that is Europe’s last divided capital. Explore ancient ruins, cathedrals converted to mosques, untouched coast and rugged mountains on this immersive adventure. Along the way, be humbled by Cypriot hospitality, stunned by charming villages and satisfied by hearty meals of fresh produce and regional delicacies.
- Discover both sides of this tiny, divided island and learn the ancient and contemporary history that has shaped its villages and cities.
- Explore the abandoned churches of the Karpass Peninsula, then spend an afternoon making bread and cheese with some local friends of Peregrine.
- Devour a feast of local specialties like Anari cheese, bulguri (wheat-based cereal) and rabbit during dinner in a Maronite village called Kormakitis.
- Venture into the Troodos Mountains to explore an 11th-century monastery and spend the evening in a village home converted into boutique lodging.
- Ramble through crumbling ruins at the Kato Paphos Archaeological Park, then watch the sunset over the sea stack where legend says Aphrodite was born.