This 15-day tour takes you into the heart of historic and beautiful Turkey during the low season, so you can avoid the heat and the crowds. Ramble through famous ruins like Greco-Roman Ephesus and lofty Pergamon, explore the dreamlike rock spires of Cappadocia and the terrace pools of Pamukkale – all with cooler temperatures and fewer people to step around. Fall in love with the mystery, the legacy and the culture of Turkey on this two-week winter odyssey.
- Winter departures mean you can explore the historic sites with fewer crowds to compete with and avoid the blistering heat of Turkey in the high season.
- Let a local show you the historic sights of Istanbul on a walking tour that visits the Hagia Sophia and the Hippodrome of Constantinople, plus the thousands of stalls of the Grand Bazaar.
- Take a cable car to the lofty ancient city Pergamon to explore the theatres, temples and Altar, then enjoy a lunch of Turkish classic pide (stuffed flatbread).
- Take a guided visit of the treasures contained in the Museum of Anatolian Civilisations, which features artefacts from the Palaeolithic, Neolithic, Bronze Age and Assyrian periods.
- Experience the captivating, dance-like worship of the whirling Dervishes during an evening at a local lodge in Bursa.