Get under the skin of Turkey on this 17-day Peregrine journey from Istanbul. Travel to the clear coastal waters and ancient cities of the Bodrum Peninsula and discover the otherworldly landscapes of the Cappadocia region. Explore Kars – a transit point between Anatolia and the Caucasus – a place often overlooked on Turkey adventures. Continue on a train journey to Erzurum – a stronghold for the Seljuks of Anatolia – and wander through cities and villages of the Black Sea region before circling back to Istanbul. Your local leaders will show you the best this country has to offer, and with plenty of free time to experience Turkey independently, you will get to see this ancient nation on another level.
- Relax on traditional gulet as our local friends take you on a cruise to their favourite spots and cook up some classic Turkish barbecue on board.
- Go deep into Cappadocia when you explore the underground city of Kaymakli, hike the surreal fairy chimney valleys and learn about the art of rug making from a master.
- Stay in style with accommodation that includes a historical Ottoman hotel in Istanbul, located right in the heart of the Old City.
- Explore the Islamic architecture of Istanbul and the ancient streets of Ephesus with a local leader who has rigorous, multi-year training in Turkish history.
- Explore the UNESCO-listed ruins of Ani. Once a stately Armenian Capital, Ani is now an abandoned city with crumbling structures lying out on a windswept plateau.