Take a break to Britain’s first national park and explore its forested valleys and small stone villages threaded by walking trails. This three-day Intrepid Walking Retreat experience offers a comfortable yet active way to getaway from it all. Base yourself in the quintessential country town of Castleton and walk your way to the scenic villages of Bamford and Bakewell, dropping into friendly local pubs and discovering more about the local communities, all while surrounded by iconic backdrop of rolling green hills backed by steep peaks. A Intrepid countryside escape awaits.
- Walk the winding trails between picturesque villages and then hole up at a local pub to try a fittingly named brew from Intrepid Brewing Co.
- Chat with the locals in the village community shop as you take a break from walks through beautiful countryside of farms, woods, and tumbledown remains.
- Treat yourself one of the town’s famous tarts or puddings in Bakewell and explore the arched bridges, narrow shopping streets and stone cottages.
- Enjoy the ease of leaving your walking boots at the same comfortable, conveniently located accommodation each night.
- Walking at Longshaw can be a stroll to the pond, an easy-to-follow waymarked walk or striking out further afield. Enjoy a walk tailored to the abilities of your group around this beautiful Estate.