Join Intrepid and special guests from the World Wildlife Fund – Australia (WWF-Australia) on an 11-day expedition to the Antarctic Peninsula. Scout icy waters and white shores for whales and other critters by day, then relax and enjoy a fascinating lecture program by night. Alongside our regular team of Antarctic experts, WWF-Australia scientists will join this tour to share insights into whale conservation as they conduct cutting edge research on these underwater giants. And whale tales are just the beginning! This adventure offers you the chance to explore Antarctica’s barren beauty on foot and by Zodiac, and encounter penguin rookeries, sight leopard seals and gawp at towering glaciers as they calve right before your eyes.
- Travelling with Dr Ari Friedlaender and a team of researchers in peak humpback whale season, you’ll get the chance to learn about state-of-the-art whale research techniques and marine conservation. Good timing!
- Get the chance to take daily excursions with experts in Antarctic biology, glaciology and history, then unwind at night with onboard lectures and presentations.
- Intrepid expeditions on the Ocean Endeavour have an enviable crew to passenger ratio – one expedition crew member for every 8 passengers – for a more personal journey.
- Customise your trip with optional activities like kayaking, a photography masterclass, yoga classes, massage, a polar plunge or even an overnight camp on Antarctic shores.
- Travel lighter with a carbon-offset expedition that serves only sustainably sourced seafood, avoids single-use plastics and uses biodegradable and phosphate-free cleaning products.