To explore the ancient lands of Jordan and Israel is to come face to face with the various epochs of history that have made us who we are. The Jordanian capital, Amman, was previously known as Philadelphia and its Roman theatre reminds us of the glories of that great empire. Mysterious Petra appears out of nowhere – a remarkable rose-coloured city hewn from the sandstone cliffs by the Nabataean people and now regarded as one of the ‘New Seven Wonders of the World’. The desert at Wadi Rum resonates to the exploits of T.E. Lawrence, more popularly known as Lawrence of Arabia. Then, there is Jerusalem – one of history’s great cities and a holy site for many of the world’s religions. From the Wailing Wall to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and from the Temple Mount to the narrow streets of the Old City, there are few cities in the world that are more evocative, exciting and still have meaning to so many people. End this adventure in Tel Aviv after a visit to Nazareth and the beautiful Sea of Galilee.
- Discover the many different sides of Jordan on a trip that reveals hidden treasures and iconic highlights over eight exciting days.
- Journey through the desert to a traditional Bedouin camp and get to know these friendly people before spending a night under a staggeringly beautiful starry sky in our Feature Stay Camp in Jordan
- You never forget your first glimpse of The Treasury through narrow canyon walls in Petra, often referred to as the Eighth Wonder of the World. Spend a day taking in the majesty and mystery of this unforgettable place.
- Take a week to explore the modern and ancient sides of Israel with a passionate and extremely knowledgeable local leader.
- Discover for yourself some of the most famous religious sites in the world – the location of the Miracle of the Multiplication of the Loaves and Fishes, the Church of the Annunciation in Nazareth, the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, and walk the ‘Way of the Cross’ in Jerusalem
- Experience the contrasts between the modern, cosmopolitan city of Tel Aviv while exploring its nightlife, and the reverential atmosphere of Jerusalem while taking in the panoramic view from atop the Mount of Olives
- Taste the flavours of Israel while sampling local fare, including traditional meals of musakkhan (roasted chicken with onions, sumac, and olive oil on flat bread) and delicious yogurt salad.
- Spend a night in Bethlehem in a traditional Guesthouse with a contemporary feel (our Feature Stay Hotel) and enjoy delicious Palestinian cuisine