To explore the lands of Jordan and Israel and the Palestinian Territories is to come face to face with various epochs of history. Jordan’s capital, Amman, and its central Roman theatre remind us of the glories of that great empire. Mysterious Petra appears out of nowhere – a remarkable rose-coloured city hewn from the sandstone cliffs by Nabataean people. And there is Jerusalem – one of history’s great cities and a holy site for many of the world’s religions. The Western Wall, Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the Temple Mount – it’s all in one place. Discover all of these cultural hotspots with the guidance of local leaders, staying in premium accommodation and appreciating authentic experiences. This is the heart of the Middle East, loud and proud.
- Gaze in awe at the towering wind-swept rock formations at Wadi Rum on an included 4WD adventure, and note how the colours change as the sun makes its way across the sky on your way to a premium Bedouin camp.
- The unique sensation of floating in the Dead Sea is like nothing else. Venture to the coastline and enjoy a night in its midst, perhaps taking a swim in the salty waters with your small group.
- Experience for yourself some of the world’s most renowned religious sites – the Church of the Annunciation, the Church of the Nativity, Via Dolorosa and the Western Wall.
- Get a local perspective of daily life at dinner with a Christian family, and meet a local Rabbi to gain a better understanding of the Israel–Palestine conflict and its progress towards peace.
- Experience Israel and the Palestinian Territories with a touch of comfort and style, staying in a unique guesthouse in Bethlehem and enjoying a contemporary take on Palestinian cuisine at the renowned Fawda Café.