This is the Arabia of Aladdin’s dreams. Explore the historic city of Muscat and drive along the coast to the bubbling fishing village of Seeb. By 4WD, travel to the rugged interior and the splendid forts of Nakhal and Al Hazm, framed by the spectacular Jebel Akhdar Mountains. Continue on to explore the beautiful oasis at Wadi Bani Khaled, before entering the vast Wahiba Sands – where we sleep at a rustic desert camp under a blanket of brilliant stars. The charming oasis of Lisq and the village of Mudaibi, further reveal the local life of Oman, as does a browse of the fabulous souk of ancient Nizwa. Meet the people, learn of their delicate silverware, woodwork and embroidery, and unwind in the cool heights of the Mountain of the Sun, all before a further wander of the wonderful maze of Muscat.
- Immerse yourself in Omani cultural history as you wander among the exhibits of Muscat's Bait Zubair Museum.
- Stand in awe of gorgeous landscapes and visit centuries-old mountain villages on a journey into the foothills of Oman's highest peak, Jebel Shams.
- Get a glimpse of the 'real' Oman in the charming fishing village of Barka, a lovely spot to watch the day's catch being hauled in.
- Treat yourself some traditional Omani hospitality in a Peregrine Feature Stay – a one-night camping getaway under the stars in the Wahiba Sands.
- In the lively souks of Nizwa, you'll see locals turning their traditional trades, much as they have done for centuries.
- Break bread, trade tales and share dates during lunch with a local Bedouin family on the edge of Wahiba Sands.