A city like no other, Dubai is the story of the little fishing village that could, and of a city that has made it big – at least as far as opulence and grandeur is concerned. Discover man-made islands sculpted into the shapes of palms and a tower so high it is almost a kilometre tall. Explore the heritage area of Bastakiya, wander the spice and gold souqs, and see more supercars in one day than you’re likely to see in a year as you walk the streets of this desert town.
- Discover the Dubai of the past with a visit to the city’s oldest building – the 18th-century Al Fahidi Fort – and the museum inside it.
- Inhale the incredible aromas of hundreds of spices and wonder at the world’s largest ring as you explore the souks of Dubai with a local guide.
- Although vast swathes of Dubai are now transformed with contemporary architecture into a modern and luxurious city, traces of the historic town that existed 40 years ago can still be found.
- Travel across Dubai Creek in a traditional abra, a traditional wooden water taxi that many locals still use to get around, while jets soar overhead.
- This three-day short break is perfect for a sightly longer than usual layover or as an add on to a longer trip through the Middle East.