Make for the mild climate, lush vineyards, long stretches of beautiful beach, picturesque peaks and coastal plains of Hawke’s Bay with this four-day Intrepid local adventure on the North Island. Begin among the Art Deco pastels of Napier and get an inside insight into the story and buildings that make the town unique. Taste local flavours among the vineyards that make this one of the oldest and best wine regions in the country. Get active along the coast, learn the tribal history and traditions of Hawke’s Bay with a local Maori guide, and get back to nature with two nights on an eco-lodge set on a regenerative farm. This trip has everything you need from a local adventure.
- Enjoy an insight into the unrivalled Art Deco architecture of Napier, hearing the stories and heading behind the scenes with a special tour to some of the town’s best looking buildings.
- Get a taste for the Bay’s famously fantastic produce during a wine tour with your leader. Sip and graze your way around several of our favourite local wineries.
- Jump in the saddle for a ride through the best sights of Napier, through the vibrant suburb of Ahuriri and the peaceful countryside, past landmarks that tell the story of the area’s culture and history, and Pacific Ocean views.
- Uncover the stories, traditions and kaitiakitanga work of the Maori people of Hawke’s Bay as you take a journey through the lives of a local tribe.
- Stay at a beautiful eco-lodge on a regenerative farm – experience the farm life while lending a helping hand and choose from a number of optional activities to explore the scenic property.