This is the New Zealand you’ve always heard about – endless lakes, snow-capped mountains and pristine glaciers. Spend seven days discovering the best of the South Island with a passionate local leader at the helm. Encounter creativity and resilience in Christchurch, gaze at out-of-this-world stars in Lake Tekapo, get your adrenaline pumping in Queenstown, take your time in postcard-pretty Wanaka and stand in awe of the Franz Josef Glacier. With thrilling activities available around every corner, this adventure is sure to get your heart racing (and that’s just from the views!).
- Starting off in Christchurch, see the cool and creative ways the city has rebuilt post-earthquake before heading to the stunning shores of Lake Tekapo.
- Calling all adventure seekers! Queenstown is overflowing with adrenaline-pumping activities, so dive straight in or sit back with a glass of world-class local wine.
- It just doesn’t get better looking than Wanaka. From its centrepiece lake to surrounding mountains, uncover all this pretty little spot has to offer.
- Stand in awe of the epic Franz Josef glacier and visit a local gallery to learn about the significance of pounamu (greenstone) to Maori culture while carving your own pendant.
- All aboard for one of the world’s most spectacular train journeys – take the famous TranzAlpine through the Southern Alps for the final stretch of your adventure.