Experience the seaside charm of Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick on this 6-day Maritimes trip from Charlottetown to Saint John. Start at the birthplace of Canadian Confederation, then visit the home of Anne of Green Gables, enjoy dinner on board a working lobster boat, and meet with a local Knowledge Keeper from the Abegweit Mi’kmaq First Nation. Stop at the iconic Hopewell Rocks for a stroll along the Bay of Fundy’s ocean floor at low tide before finishing up in Canada’s oldest city.
- Meet a Prince Edward Island fisherman and enjoy a traditional lobster and mussel dinner on his private property along the shore.
- Visit the Abegweit Mi’kmaq First Nation to learn how they make a living from their Fish Hatchery, and how they plan to preserve it for future generations.
- Hear the stories behind “Anne of Green Gables” with a walking tour through Cavendish, where L.M. Montgomery drew her inspiration.
- Cruise the waters of Shediac Bay on board a lobster boat, with a hands-on demonstration of lobster fishing and a delicious, locally caught dinner.
- Wander the Bay of Fundy’s sea floor at low tide and get up close to the sandstone “flowerpots” at Hopewell Rocks Provincial Park.