From city to country to coast, this is the perfect taste of Mexico and Cuba. Arrive in the mad metropolis of Mexico City and meander your way through jungle and ruins to the relaxed beaches of the Yucatan Peninsula, unravelling the magnificent mystery of the ancient Maya civilisations along the way. Jump across to the charming streets of Havana, where old-time American automobiles, richly scented Cuban cigars and an eclectic tapestry of architectures evoke a colourful past. Between the small-village vibes of Vinales and the fascinating charm of Trinidad, discover Cienfuegos and its blend of Caribbean and Parisian flavours. With plenty of time to swim, snorkel, cycle and hike, this Lonely Planet Experience combines Central America’s most colourful and exciting destinations.
- You've never seen true colour until you've been to a Mexican market. Practice your bargaining skills, snap some photos and pick up traditional handicrafts at the markets in Mexico City and Puebla.
- Chichen Itza is one the New Seven Wonders of the World. It's not hard to see why – strolling around the ancient Maya ruins feels pretty wondrous.
- Venture to the village of Vinales, where the small-town charms are many. Spend your time sipping rum in quaint bars with locals and exploring hidden caves in the mountains.
- Pay your respects at the mausoleum of Che Guevara and receive a fascinating insight into the rise and fall of the charismatic and highly celebrated Cuban revolutionary.
- See why Trinidad is a favourite for many Intrepid adventurers. Wander the cobblestone streets alongside cowboys and farmers and clock the best-preserved colonial buildings in Cuba.