Embark on a comprehensive adventure through Mexico and Central America, travelling through cities and wandering off the beaten path. Having explored Mexico City and the ancient city of Teotihuacan, delve into the ruins of the Zapotec Capital before engaging with the traditional native communities of San Cristobal. Marvel in awe at the ruins of Palenque, Uxmal and Chichen Itza before exploring Guatemala’s crystal clear seas and swimming holes, tiny villages bursting with Latin American verve, and dense jungles where Maya temples have stood for centuries. Capture the lingering spirit of Mesoamerica with the land, ruins and culture that coloured this empire of old.
THIS COMBINATION TRIP WILL BE DISCONTINUED IN 2019. The ‘Mexico in Depth’ (PSMI) sub trip that is a part of this combination trip will continue to run in 2019, however will be changed. There will be a new standalone Guatemala trip ‘Guatemala Highlights’ (PSGH) replacing the other sub trip; Please check back in a few months for more details on this itinerary.
- Your 3-night Feature stay at Hotel Geneve in Mexico City is a property with more than 100 years of history. This elegant 'museum hotel' is located in the Pink zone, close to restaurants and shops
- Get up close and personal with the country's diverse heritage, from the extraordinary Aztec temples of Teotihuacan to the colourfully-dressed Maya folk of the hills of San Cristobal
- Compare Mexico City's heady street-food scene to subtler forms found in Oaxaca
- Blaze the trail in Belize and enjoy a superb array of nature-based activities. Cruise across a lagoon on a guided birdwatching excursion, and hike through the forest to a hidden Maya burial ground
- The brightly painted houses of Flores are a reflection of the radiant colours that stretch across the town at sunset. Enjoy lakeside drinks while the sun sinks below the horizon
- Overlooked by the majestic Volcan de Agua, Antigua is a cobblestoned maze of colourful buildings, leafy town squares and ornate churches. An ‘crop-to-cup’ tour of a local coffee farming co-op completes the experience
- Step back in time in Suchitoto, learning the history of El Salvador from those who have lived through it. Learn cigar rolling from 98-year-old Nina Victoria, and hike through Cinquera Rain Forest Park to meet a former FMLN guerrilla fighter
- Sit down to lunch in the delightful garden setting of El Jardin de Celeste. This restaurant on the famous ‘Flowers Route’ of El Salvador is arguably the country’s best
- Immerse yourself in the unique cultures surrounding Lake Atitlan, attending artist workshops and visiting a local church and market
- Your 2-night Feature stay at Hotel Atitlan in Panajachel has lake-facing balconies with a rustic Spanish colonial style as well as a manicured botanical garden and volcano views