Get a true taste of Mexico with 15 days travelling from Mexico City to Playa del Carmen. Passing by the mighty ruins of Teotihuacan, marvel at the colourful delights and local craft industries of Oaxaca, learn of traditional indigenous customs in the Chiapas highlands at San Cristobal de las Casas, explore lush jungle temples with an archaeologist at the Palenque ruins and wind up on the beaches of the Yucatan Peninsula. Savour the best food on a taco crawl and Zapotecan lunch, tour Aztec, Maya and Zapotec sites and stroll the streets with your local leader to get a true insight into these vibrant and vivacious lands.
- Learn of the ancient Zapotec, Maya and Aztec histories with visits to the ruins of Teotihuacan, Mitla, Chichen Itza and Palenque, joined by specialist guides to further enhance your visit.
- Discover traditional craft industries and the locals who produce them in Oaxaca and Zinacantan, learning about Zapotec woven fabrics, textile making, mezcal distilling and beeswax candle-making.
- Understand the diversity of true Mexican food with experiences such as an included taco crawl in Mexico City and a Zapotecan family lunch in the Oaxacan countryside.
- Be one with nature in Mexico as you explore cenotes, the Sumidero Canyon and Agua Azul waterfall throughout your journey with your small group.
- Relax at the historic Hotel Geneve in Mexico City – your Feature Stay property. This elegant museum hotel is located in the city’s Pink Zone, close to popular restaurants and shopping districts.