Follow your feet on this 6-day walking tour that shows off the very best of Yosemite National Park. From giant sequoia trees, to the stunning Cathedral Lakes, to the massive Half Dome rock and thunderous waterfalls of the appropriately named Mist Trail, this hiking trip covers a lot of ground in a short time. Best of all, you get to experience Yosemite with a bit comfort, thanks to transportation to and from the trailheads and accommodation in a cosy mountain lodge. But this trip is more than just pretty sights – you’ll also learn about the area’s Native American heritage and pioneer past, and about the important work being done to preserve and protect the region.
- Escape the tourist crowds with an itinerary designed to show you the very best that Yosemite National Park has to offer, while still expertly avoiding the busiest areas.
- Hike at your own comfort level with options for alternate routes and a schedule that eases you in – your first hike is an easy one, allowing you to go slow before tackling more serious trails.
- Learn about the important work being done by Yosemite Conservancy, with an educational guided walk through the historic Ahwahnee village, where you’ll learn about Native American heritage and the park’s conservation efforts.
- Forgo the camping sites typical for most visitors to Yosemite and instead rest your feet each evening in a rustic mountain resort that boasts unforgettable views and plenty of charm and character.
- Step back in time to California’s gold rush era with a visit to the state’s oldest continuously operating saloon, boasting a collection of antique mining tools – as well as a few stray bullet holes.