It’s peak whale season at the Antarctic Peninsula and this 10-day adventure takes you to the heart of the action. Fill your days with wildlife encounters as you visit penguin rookeries, spot seals along the shores and witness seabirds nesting by the thousands. Have a whale of a time taking Zodiac excursions through ice-filled bays to get closer to the magnificent, migrating mammals, all under the expert guidance of our expedition crew. With comfortable living quarters, a full team of onboard polar experts and services catering for health and wellness, this is the best way (and time) to discover the Antarctic Peninsula.
- We stop for whales. If conditions allow, we’ll launch the Zodiacs to get a closer look at minke and humpback whales, as well as orcas, during peak season.
- Freezing is great but freedom is better. Customise your trip with a wide range of optional activities on top of regular Zodiac excursions. Explore the water by kayak, sign up for a photography masterclass, rejuvenate with some onboard yoga and a massage, take a refreshing polar plunge or camp overnight like a true polar explorer.
- Whereas most polar expeditions of this kind have a crew-to-passenger ratio of ten, fifteen or twenty to one, Intrepid expeditions on the Ocean Endeavour have an expedition crew member for every 8 passengers for a greater personal touch.
- Our experienced leaders have made hundreds of polar voyages between them. They’re experts in marine biology, glaciology and Antarctic history, and they’ll share their knowledge throughout the journey during a comprehensive lecture program.
- Rest assured that footprints are all you’ll leave behind. Your Antarctica expedition is carbon offset, and we serve only sustainably sourced seafood, avoid single-use plastics and use biodegradable and phosphate-free cleaning products.
- Travelling solo? This is your perfect Antarctic adventure, with single cabins at the same price as some twins.