An epic, 21-day adventure across the depths of the Drake Passage awaits. The destination? The awe-inspiring Antarctic Peninsula, South Georgia and the Falkland Islands. Discover just how impressive Shackleton’s journey was and become immersed in wildlife encounters along the way. Visit penguin rookeries, watch whales breach and scout for seals along the shoreline, with a team of onboard polar experts leading Zodiac excursions through the ice-filled bays and on land. Days at sea offer comfortable living quarters and services catering for health and wellness, as well as a program of lectures and screenings to enhance your knowledge and appreciation of the area, adding to what really is a once-in-a-lifetime trip to discover the last frontier.
- Retrace the route of the legendary Sir Ernest Shackleton, who led three expeditions to the Antarctic region, and uncover the historical events of his journey.
- Freezing is great but freedom is better. Customise your trip with a wide range of optional activities on top of regular Zodiac excursions. Explore the water by kayak, sign up for a photography masterclass, rejuvenate with some onboard yoga and a massage, take a refreshing polar plunge or camp overnight like a true polar explorer.
- Whereas most polar expeditions of this kind have a crew-to-passenger ratio of ten, fifteen or twenty to one, Intrepid expeditions on the Ocean Endeavour have an expedition crew member for every 8 passengers for a greater personal touch.
- Our experienced leaders have made hundreds of polar voyages between them. They’re experts in marine biology, glaciology and Antarctic history, and they’ll share their knowledge throughout the journey during a comprehensive lecture program.
- Rest assured that footprints are all you’ll leave behind. Your Antarctica expedition is carbon offset, and we serve only sustainably sourced seafood, avoid single-use plastics and use biodegradable and phosphate-free cleaning products.
- Travelling solo? This is your perfect Antarctic adventure, with single cabins at the same price as some twins.