Immerse yourself in another world on this in-depth exploration of Antarctica. Travel aboard the superbly equipped Ocean Endeavour and follow in the footsteps of the legendary explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton (though we’re guessing his vessel didn’t have a sauna). Set foot on the Antarctic Peninsula, spotting all sorts of wildlife from whales to penguins, and discover first-hand the story of Shackleton’s astounding ordeal on Elephant Island. This extensive expedition allows for a taste of the British-tinged Falkland Islands and more time in South Georgia, Antarctica’s own Galapagos, where penguins can number in the hundreds of thousands within a single colony. With optional adventures including ice camping and kayaking, and rare touches of five-star luxury thanks to an onboard spa and wellness centre, this is as good as Antarctic expedition travel gets.
- With three weeks to explore not only South Georgia and the Antarctic Peninsula in depth, but also drop into the historic Falklands Islands, this Antarctica expedition sits on a rung of its own.
- Freezing is great but freedom is better. Customise your trip with a wide range of optional activities on top of regular Zodiac excursions. Explore the water by kayak, sign up for a photography masterclass, rejuvenate with some onboard yoga and a massage, take a refreshing polar plunge or camp overnight like a true polar explorer.
- Whereas most polar expeditions of this kind have a crew-to-passenger ratio of ten, fifteen or twenty to one, Intrepid expeditions on the Ocean Endeavour have an expedition crew member for every 8 passengers for a greater personal touch.
- Our experienced leaders have made hundreds of polar voyages between them. They’re experts in marine biology, glaciology and Antarctic history, and they’ll share their knowledge throughout the journey during a comprehensive lecture program.
- Rest assured that footprints are all you’ll leave behind. Your Antarctica expedition is carbon offset, and we serve only sustainably sourced seafood, avoid single-use plastics and use biodegradable and phosphate-free cleaning products.
- Travelling solo? This is your perfect Antarctic adventure, with single cabins at the same price as some twins.