Experience the raw and pure beauty of the Great White Continent on an 11-day expedition to the Antarctic Peninsula.
During this magical time, landscapes are at their most pristine as the thawing of sea ice draws you into an unspoiled polar wilderness. Icebergs are at their greatest mass, penguins are busy courting, nest building and squabbling over pebbles. As the Ocean Endeavour edges its way through the fractured ice, perhaps entering the narrow, sheer-sided Lemaire Channel, you’re invited onto the bow of the Ocean Endeavour. Scan for Leopard seals on ice floes as you follow the continent’s inhabitants further south into the untouched snowscapes of pristine Antarctica.
- Antarctica awakens after the harsh winter and extensive snow cloaks the continent in a pristine whiteness. Admire breathtaking scenery such as icebergs and glaciated mountains.
- Penguin populations in the rookeries are thriving and the birds are busy nest-building and courting. Albatross, fulmars and petrels fly the Drake Passage and blue-eyed shags reappear in Antarctica.
- This is an incredible time for photographers – the lengthening days are concluded with fantastic evening light, noctilucent clouds and beautiful rose-coloured sunsets.
- Experience daily Zodiac excursions and onshore landings, and take advantage of a range of paid adventure options during your voyage such as kayaking, camping, photography and snowshoeing.
- Benefit from a variety of onboard activities including educational lectures on history, geology and ecology and participate in our citizen science program, all led by our expert expedition team.
- Enjoy the Ocean Endeavour's amenities including expedition lounge, sun deck, Polaris restaurant, bar, polar library, saltwater pool, jacuzzi, gym, spa and sauna.