Welcome to the Eyre Peninsula, where wide open skies give way to inviting coastline and an abundance of wildlife roams freely. Discover the best of this inviting slice of South Australia over nine days with the passionate guidance of a local leader. Travel from Adelaide through arid landscapes to Port Augusta, discover the diversity of the Gawler Ranges National Park, look out for southern right whales at the Head of Bight, snap pictures of the iconic Lake Macdonnell and dine on freshly shucked oysters in Coffin Bay. From scenic outback towns to stunning surf spots, this adventure is sure to be one for the books.
- Uncover the diverse flora, fauna and formations of the Gawler Ranges National Park, from salt pans to mountains, gorges and the spectacular Organ Pipes.
- Spend two evenings at the Scotdesco Aboriginal Community, learn about the history of the settlement and what life looks like today, and keep an eye out for southern hairy-nosed wombats!
- Visit the Head of Bight, home to dazzling sand dunes, towering limestone cliffs, and often frequented by southern right whales who use the bight as a breeding ground.
- Marvel at the pink and blue hues of Lake Macdonnell, watch the locals catch waves at the surf mecca of Cactus Beach and chill out in the laidback seaside town of Streaky Bay.
- Explore the turquoise waters of Coffin Bay on board a boat with a local oyster farmer, checking out the floating farms and sampling some fresh oysters as you go.