The local Butchulla people call Fraser Island K’gari, which means paradise, and you’ll find out why soon enough, on a 5-day tour that shows off all the highlights of this World Heritage-protected place. The largest sand island in the world, Fraser Island is home to ancient rainforest, sweeping sand dunes and some of the purest water anywhere on earth, just waiting for you to take a refreshing dip. With the expertise of a local leader, a few nights of camping under the stars, and lots of time to relax and soak up the rays of Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, this is a true island life adventure.
- With relaxed days and lots of free time to explore on your own, this tour is the perfect mix of local leader expertise and go-at-your-own-pace travel.
- Fraser Island is a World Heritage site and, with expert guidance from your leader and a couple nights in a protected campground, you’ll get to experience all the highlights while still only leaving a delicate footprint.
- Spend your days wandering amid a tropical paradise tucked within sand dunes and swimming in some of the purest water on the planet, then unwind in the evenings at your beachside campground and hostel accommodations.
- Take a dip in the bubbling Champagne Pools, so named for their unique formation along the ocean’s edge, where incoming waves create fizzy seafoam – one of the most unique natural attractions on Fraser Island.
- With ferry and 4WD transportation included and arranged for you, you’re free to sit back, relax and leave all the logistics to your leader.