Equal parts relaxation and exploration, this 6-day tour shows off all the highlights of the World Heritage-protected Fraser Island, book-ended with free time in the chic coastal town of Noosa. The local Butchulla people call Fraser Island K’gari, which means paradise, and you’ll quickly realize why as you explore ancient rainforest, sweeping sand dunes and crystal-clear waters by day and unwind in your upscale accommodation by night. With the expertise of a local leader and lots of time to soak up the rays of Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, this tour is the ultimate experience of island life.
- With relaxed days and lots of free time to explore on your own, this tour is the perfect mix of local leader expertise and go-at-your-own-pace travel.
- Fraser Island is a protected World Heritage site and, with expert guidance from your leader, you’ll get to experience all the highlights while still only leaving a delicate footprint.
- Spend your days wandering amid a tropical paradise tucked within sand dunes and swimming in some of the purest water on the planet, then unwind in the evenings at your beachside accommodation.
- Take a dip in the bubbling Champagne Pools, so named for their unique formation along the ocean’s edge, where incoming waves create fizzy seafoam – one of the most unique natural attractions on Fraser Island.
- With ferry and 4WD transportation included and arranged for you, you’re free to sit back, relax and leave all the logistics to your leader.