Experience a New Year’s celebration like no other on this 11-day adventure along the Antarctic Peninsula. Spend the days in search of humpback whales, seals and orcas from the bow of a Zodiac, and the evenings making the most of the ship’s onboard comforts including a heated pool, sauna and gym. With land excursions, adventurous optional activities and an ongoing lecture program delivered by polar experts, this Antarctica expedition is the most memorable way to start the year.
- Toast to the New Year in the southernmost region in the world and enjoy the included onboard celebrations
- Freezing is great but freedom is better. Customise your trip with a wide range of optional activities on top of regular Zodiac excursions. Explore the water by kayak, sign up for a photography masterclass, rejuvenate with some onboard yoga and a massage, take a refreshing polar plunge or camp overnight like a true polar explorer.
- Whereas most polar expeditions of this kind have a crew-to-passenger ratio of ten, fifteen or twenty to one, Intrepid expeditions on the Ocean Endeavour have an expedition crew member for every 8 passengers for a greater personal touch.
- Our experienced leaders have made hundreds of polar voyages between them. They’re experts in marine biology, glaciology and Antarctic history, and they’ll share their knowledge throughout the journey during a comprehensive lecture program.
- Rest assured that footprints are all you’ll leave behind. Your Antarctica expedition is carbon offset, and we serve only sustainably sourced seafood, avoid single-use plastics and use biodegradable and phosphate-free cleaning products.
- Travelling solo? This is your perfect Antarctic adventure, with single cabins at the same price as some twins.