Discover what it means to be a true Antarctic explorer on a 14-day expedition to wild western side of the Antarctic Peninsula. This voyage gives you the best of both sides of the Peninsula – the wildlife-filled, ice-packed channels and explorer-history of the west, and the rugged remoteness of a vast wilderness found through an expedition through the Antarctic Sound. It’s here that huge tabular icebergs dominate the view and a true sense of isolation and the landscape’s purity can be found on Paulet Island, the Danger Islands and the Eagle Group. It’s here that Shackleton and his crew fought for survival, but you’ll be in the much more comfortable surrounds of the state-of-the-art Ocean Endeavour. Sail through sweeping landscapes and channels navigated only a few times per year in search of a feeling for exploration found few other places on earth, before returning to the more familiar but no less thrilling shore of the western coastline. For the more adventurous traveller this is a rare opportunity to see Antarctica’s wildest side.
- Cross Antarctic Sound on your way to the Antarctic Peninsula’s remote and rugged east side, a sweeping landscape full of huge icebergs, and islands famous for their enormous penguin colonies, exploration history and geological features.
- Towering icebergs, blue glaciers, rugged islands, white mountains, abundant and curious wildlife – the western side of Antarctica is a lifechanging destination in itself.
- Encounter Antarctica’s incredible wildlife – Adelie and gentoo penguins, leopard seals, sea birds, whales – your expedition crew will curate your adventure to ensure you’ve got the best chance of multiple sightings.
- Zodiac excursions open up exploration opportunities on both sides of the Peninsula – from the Dangers Isles to Paradise Harbour – and the shores of the South Shetland Islands. Get on board with a number of trips scheduled during your Antarctic expedition.
- You won’t spend sea days between Ushuaia and Antarctica in your cabin. Get insider info with a series of presentations from expert guides, as well as an expedition vessel decked out with all the mod cons.