Venture past the Blue Mountains to the forested and artisanal heart of New South Wales on this five-day Warrumbungles adventure. From Sydney, jump on the road with a group of like-minded travellers bound for regional delights, including produce tastings, wilderness walks through verdant national parks, visits to The Dish observatory and the Three Sisters lookout, and local insight into First Nations cultures in the area. Passing by Katoomba, Orange, Mudgee and a whole host of local outposts, you’ll get a true sense of what regional Australia is all about – keeping it local and nothing but laidback.
- Discover the natural wonder of the lesser-known Warrumbungle National Park on a number of occasions, including time with a First Nations park ranger, who will share local insight into the land.
- Spend the night admiring the night sky as you stargaze in a certified Dark Sky Park at your perfectly located wilderness accommodation close to Warrumbungle National Park. Here’s hoping the sky is clear!
- A true Aussie road trip is nothing without seeing something ‘big’. On your journey, stop by the CSIRO Parkes Radio Telescope – or The Dish – and learn its importance in the global space program.
- With the days full of exploring, spend your afternoons and evenings relaxing beside wine flights, produce platters and indulging in gourmet meals at local establishments with your small group.
- In this part of the country, it’s all about going with the flow. Take your time on the road stopping at small towns – like Dundedoo – and stretch your legs with a number of leader-led walks.