Discover the best of the Antarctic Peninsula in 12 days on this memorable polar expedition. Be delighted by penguins, seals and whales as they accompany you on your journey along the coastline. Learn a thing or two about Antarctic history and glaciology in a series of lectures presented by an expert onboard crew, and get up close and personal with the landscapes on multiple Zodiac cruises and shore excursions. Explore the wild sights and highlights that make this one of the world’s most pristine, unique and remote natural environments.
- Follow in the path of historic explorers as you sail through the Beagle Channel and the Drake Passage, keeping an eye out for migrating seabirds and whale pods.
- Observe abundant species of whales, seabirds and seals on regular Zodiac excursions along the Antarctic Peninsula and in the South Shetland Islands
- Land onshore to visit rookeries teeming with chinstrap penguins and hike up mountains to enjoy panoramic views of the peninsula.
- Enhance your Antarctic exploration with one or more optional activities such as sea kayaking or polar ice camping to take your adventure to the next level.
- Learn more about the explorers past and the wildlife that call this region home in a series of presentations and lectures from leading historians, scientists and polar researchers.