Immerse yourself in another world on this in-depth exploration of Antarctica. Setting off aboard the comfortable, spacious and superbly equipped Ocean Endeavour, follow in the footsteps of Sir Earnest Shackleton and experience the joys of Antarctica, from humpback whales to penguins to glaciers. This extensive expedition allows for more time in South Georgia, Antarctica’s own ‘Galapagos’, where some penguins can number in the hundreds of thousands within a single colony. Set foot on the great Antarctic Peninsula, discover first-hand the story of Shackleton’s astounding Elephant Islands ordeal, and enjoy a taste of the British-tinged Falkland Islands before culminating in Puerto Madryn. With optional adventure activities (such as ice camping and kayaking) and rare touches of the five-star (thanks to an onboard spa and wellness amenities), it doesn’t get much better than this for expedition travel in Antarctica.
- With three weeks to explore not only South Georgia and the Antarctic Peninsula in depth, but also dropping into the historic Falklands Islands, this Antarctica expedition sits on a rung of its own
- Enjoy the freedom to customise your trip with a wide range of optional activities. In addition to regular Zodiac excursions, choose to explore the water on a kayaking expedition, sign up for a photography masterclass, rejuvenate with some onboard yoga and massage, or camp out overnight like a true polar explorer
- Whereas most polar expeditions of this kind have a crew-to-passenger ratio of ten, fifteen or twenty to one, Peregrine expeditions on the Ocean Endeavour have an expedition crew member for every 8 passengers for a greater personal touch
- Our experienced leaders have made hundreds of polar voyages. Learn about the history, geography and wildlife of the Antarctic from experts in marine biology, glaciology and history
- Rest assured you will leave only footprints behind. Your Antarctica expedition is carbon offset, and we serve only sustainably-sourced seafood, avoid single-use plastics and use biodegradable and phosphate-free cleaning products on board
- This is the perfect adventure for solo travellers, with single cabins at the same price as some twins