Cruise to the Antarctic Peninsula on an 12-day polar expedition from the southern shores of Chile’s Puntas Arenas. Taking on the Magellan Strait and the mighty Drake Passage, jump aboard Intrepid’s Ocean Endeavour in search of rare bird and marine life, jagged icebergs and mountainous landscapes like no other. Travel with experts who will present a comprehensive lecture program, head on extraordinary Zodiac shore landings and take advantage of onboard comforts after a day of exploring. If you thought the remote reaches of Antarctica were out of reach, think again.
- Discover the historic Chilean town of Puntas Arenas – a second South American gateway to the Great White Continent and future home to the International Antarctic Center.
- On Intrepid’s comfortable and well-equipped Ocean Endeavour, learn a thing or two about your upcoming explorations with a series of lectures and workshops presented by photographers, marine biologists and glaciologists.
- Zodiac excursions open up exploration opportunities in Antarctica’s glacial waters, icy coves and wildlife-rich shores. Get on board with a number of trips scheduled during your Antarctic expedition.
- Antarctica’s wildlife is varied, unique and undeniably incredible. Penguins, seals, whales, albatross – your expedition crew will curate your adventure to ensure you’ve got the best chance of multiple sightings.
- Disembark the Ocean Endeavour at the Argentinean port of Ushuaia, with the option to extend your adventure in this vibrant city at the end of the world.