Enter the southernmost region on earth then take things a step further as you cross the Antarctic Circle. This is nature at its harshest yet Antarctica’s wildlife thrives, having adapted to the beautiful, barren surrounds by the thousands. Experience the thrill of seeing seals lie on the icefloe, whales breaching the frigid waters and penguins patrolling the rocky shoreline in vast numbers. Zip around the ice-filled bays by Zodiac, landing on Antarctica itself for onshore excursions and jaw-dropping views witnessed by seldom few where you will celebrate Christmas and New Years Eve. With towering mountains, glaciers and mammoth icebergs dotting the landscape, you may not understand how the wildlife survives here, but you can’t blame them for wanting to stay.
- Take advantage of extra days at the Antarctic Peninsula on this extended expedition. That means more places, more landings and more time to see Antarctica’s incredible wildlife and landscapes.
- Freezing is great but freedom is better. Customise your trip with a wide range of optional activities on top of regular Zodiac excursions. Explore the water by kayak, sign up for a photography masterclass, rejuvenate with some onboard yoga and a massage, take a refreshing polar plunge or camp overnight like a true polar explorer.
- Whereas most polar expeditions of this kind have a crew-to-passenger ratio of ten, fifteen or twenty to one, Intrepid expeditions on the Ocean Endeavour have an expedition crew member for every 8 passengers for a greater personal touch.
- Our experienced leaders have made hundreds of polar voyages between them. They’re experts in marine biology, glaciology and Antarctic history, and they’ll share their knowledge throughout the journey during a comprehensive lecture program.
- Rest assured that footprints are all you’ll leave behind. Your Antarctica expedition is carbon offset, and we serve only sustainably sourced seafood, avoid single-use plastics and use biodegradable and phosphate-free cleaning products.
- Travelling solo? This is your perfect Antarctic adventure, with single cabins at the same price as some twins.