Experience a New Year’s celebration like no other on this 11-day adventure along the Antarctic Peninsula. Fill your days with wildlife encounters: visit penguin rookeries to see Adelie, chinstrap and gentoo penguins; scout for minke, humpback and orca whales from the deck or get a closer look in a Zodiac; and spot seals playing along the shores. After a day of exploration, make the most of the onboard comforts with the ship’s health and wellness services including a heated saltwater pool, sauna and gym. Celebrating 2020 in a way that’s truly memorable, this Antarctica expedition is one for the ages.
- The festive season is one of the most active times for wildlife and there’s plenty of opportunities to see penguins, seals and whales with the midnight sun and our expert polar team leading the way
- Toast to the New Year in the southernmost region in the world and enjoy the included onboard celebrations
- Enjoy the freedom to customise your trip with a wide range of optional activities. In addition to regular Zodiac excursions, choose to explore the water on a kayaking expedition, sign up for a photography masterclass, rejuvenate with some onboard yoga and massage, or camp out overnight like a true polar explorer
- Whereas most polar expeditions of this kind have a crew-to-passenger ratio of ten, fifteen or twenty to one, Peregrine expeditions on the Ocean Endeavour have an expedition crew member for every 8 passengers for a greater personal touch
- Our experienced leaders have made hundreds of polar voyages. Learn about the history, geography and wildlife of the Antarctic from experts in marine biology, glaciology and history
- Rest assured you will leave only footprints behind. Your Antarctica expedition is carbon offset, and we serve only sustainably-sourced seafood, avoid single-use plastics and use biodegradable and phosphate-free cleaning products on board
- This is the perfect adventure for solo travellers, with single cabins at the same price as some twins