A continent of astounding natural beauty, vibrant culture and momentous history, South America never fails to enchant. Commencing the journey in atmospheric Quito, take in the breadth of Ecuador’s landscapes – lake-topped volcanoes, Andean highlands and hamlets hemmed in by forest – before crossing into Peru. Become acquainted with the cultural riches of Lima, then enter the wilds of the Amazon with a two-night stay in Puerto Maldonado. Be awed by the grandeur of Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley, meet the Uros people of Lake Titicaca and tour the Witches Market regular tourists miss with your expert local leader.
Optional Hike Add-on:
On this trip you can opt to hike the 1-day Inca Trail. More information on this trek can be found in the itinerary section your trip notes. Please contact us if you are interested in this option.
- While Quito's main cathedral is perhaps more famous, the baroque masterpiece of La Compania de Jesus rivals any church in the world for beauty and architecture
- Enjoy a 1 night 'feature stay' in a converted 16th century residence in Quito's historical centre
- Take a tour of Quito with our specialist historian guide and discover places of the standard tourist trail
- The active volcano of Cotopaxi is the highest in the world. Hike through Cotopaxi National Park towards the volcano's perfectly cone-shaped peak, looking out for wildlife along the way
- Enjoy a 2 night feature stay in a restored Hacienda nearby Cotopaxi volcano
- Explore Cuenca from a different perspective while taking a tour with a true Ceuncano, you will discover parts of Cuenca not many other travellers have the opportunity to see