Do South America right. Really jump in there and cover all of the highlights, as well as a few surprises, on this epic journey across Peru, Bolivia, Argentina and Brazil. Dive deep into the Amazon jungle, trek the iconic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, browse weird and wacky trinkets at Witches’ Market of La Paz, take mind-bending photos at Bolivia’s incredible salt flats, see the might Iguazu Falls and wrap up in Rio de Janeiro on this in-depth journey across South America.
- Roam the Amazon jungle at night while pretending you're David Attenborough (it has a calming influence). Float down the river, keeping an out for the glaring eyes of jaguars and caimans.
- The floating islands of Uros on Lake Titicaca seem like the sort of thing Pixar would come up with. Spend the night under the stars in a traditional island village.
- Whether you trek the classic Inca Trail, the Inca Quarry Trail or take the scenic train route to Machu Picchu, trust us, this is going to be one of the highlights of your life.
- Don't worry, we won't hog all of your time. You'll have plenty of opportunity to bounce around Cusco, digging deep into the pockets of Inca history.
- Get amongst the weird and wonderful in La Paz, from the strange brews of the witches’ market to the tasty treats of Mercado Lanza.
- Ever dreamt of walking on water? Now’s your chance. Kind of. The sprawling salt lakes of Bolivia serve up some seriously mind-bending photo ops.
- The mighty Iguazu Falls straddles the border between Argentina and Brazil, and you’ll be able to see it from both sides.
- The heaving, metropolis of Rio de Janeiro is a great way to end the trip. Party down with the locals and experience a culture at the beating heart of Brazil.
- At Intrepid we’ve always been about balancing profit and purpose and as the largest B Corp certified operator on the Inca Trail we’re committed to operating our treks for the benefit of all – join us and help make the world a better place.