Capture the true essence of spectacular South America on a 25-day cultural odyssey through the region’s best of the best. This journey showcases the continent’s diversity of natural beauty, historic wonder and world-class cuisine, passing by the Andes and the Amazon, Mendoza and the majestic Machu Picchu, La Paz and Lake Titicaca, the Sacred Valley and sultry Santiago, all the way to the Argentinian powerhouse of Buenos Aires. Gain an insight into ancient Inca culture and local communities, indulge in fine food and some of the region’s best wine, and discover the raw feeling of truly understanding what a place is like – away from the tourist traps and cash grabs – with expert local knowledge at every step.
- Join a specialist historian guide on one of your included visits to an archaeological site in Cusco. Your guide will provide fascinating insights and knowledge of Peru's history and culture
- Relax into a two-night Peregrine Feature Stay at the private island of Suasi on the Lake Titicaca. Watch the sun go down at the highest point of the island while enjoying a picnic and drinks
- Experience an untouched world of the Amazon rainforest, strolling along jungle trails on the lookout for monkeys, parrots, otters and caymans, and sleep in a nature lodge lit by candles and kerosene lamps
- Marvel at ancient Inca architecture throughout the fertile Sacred Valley, before discovering the mother of all Inca cities – magical Machu Picchu – with your small group
- Explore the vibrantly colourful port town of Valparaiso, where culture spills out into the streets, and in Argentina, test your palate at a traditional lunch in the malbec-producing wine region of Mendoza