Up until recently, thick jungle and daunting heights kept many of the delights of Peru’s north hidden. In this tour, you’ll explore cultural sites and natural wonders that are little seen by non-Peruvian eyes, as well as the splendour of the country’s renowned spots. Stay within view of Gotca Falls, the world third-largest waterfall that remained a local secret until 2005, and wander the imposing circular walls of Kuelep. Spend a day on the Inca Trail, hiking past the terraces of Ollantayttambo and Chachabamba before arriving at Machu Picchu. This is an adventure through history to release your inner explorer.
- Not as many travellers venture through Northern Peru, where you can see remarkably well kept pre-Inca ruins and superb vistas of Andean highlands.
- Explore the impressive concentric structures of the ancient fortress city of Kuelep.
- Wander past colourful murals in Bohemian Barranco.
- Stay in a lodge with bedroom views of two-tiered Gotca Falls, which until 2005 were unknown to anyone but locals.
- Spend some time on the Inca Trail, then spend a full day exploring Machu Picchu with a guide.