This Peregrine journey takes you to one of the world’s most awe-inspiring destinations: Antarctica. Skip the often turbulent Drake Passage with return flights from Punta Arenas to King George Island. After making shore visits through the South Shetland Islands, arrive at the Antarctic Peninsula and be immediately dazzled by some of the most dramatic scenery to be found anywhere on earth. Sailing aboard your well-appointed expedition vessel, witness Antarctic nature in all its glory. These areas boast an extraordinary abundance of wildlife, including five species of seals and massive rookeries of gentoo, Adelie and chinstrap penguins. Observe magnificent whales in close proximity as they crest the surface of waves. Weather, ice and other mitigating factors may result in changes to your itinerary and alteration to certain shore excursions.
- Your adventure begins in the most populated city in Patagonia, Punta Arenas. There are plenty of museums, restaurants and shops to keep you entertained before embarkation
- Flying from Punta Arenas to the South Shetland Islands is the fastest, most direct way of travelling to Antarctica, and the view over the Drake Passage is unforgettable
- Witness penguins playing in their natural habitat at inland rookeries during daily Zodiac landings along the Antarctic Peninsula
- On-board lectures by polar specialists provide great insight in to the history and geology of Antarctica
- Whale spotting among icebergs is easy when you have your expedition team searching for wildlife. Daily Zodiac landings afford the group great flexibility and opportunity during your time in the Antarctic