Santorini and Mykonos lure sun-seeking crowds to their idyllic shores for good reason, but the collection of islands that make up the Cyclades are ripe with less-travelled gems. Cruise the Aegean Sea on a small ship and take in these perennial favourites as well as charming hill villages, secluded beaches and an unusual rock hewn monastery. Delve into the country’s rich history exploring ancient archaeological sites like Delos. Spend a day in Turkey touring the ruins of Ephesus and the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Add a healthy helping of delicious Greek cuisine for an adventure you won’t soon forget.
- Explore the historical city of Athens on a walking tour with your local leader and let them take the hassle out of navigating this bustling capital.
- Witness the spectacular colours of Santorini’s famous sunset bathe the caldera
- Venture off the tourist trail with a stop in Amorgos, where a striking 11th-century monastery built into a cliff offers breathtaking views of the Aegean Sea.
- Discover the mythology behind one of the most important archaeological sites in Greece, Delos, and let a local guide give you a fascinating insight into its history.
- Tour the Turkish ruins of Ephesus and discover the fascinating relics that remain of this vibrant ancient city including the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.