Cuba’s rich tapestry, in all its colour and candour
Experience Cuba’s finest on a 13-day journey across the colourful Caribbean island. Combining leisure, culture, coast and country, discover the depth of Cuba’s most fascinating traditions. Look behind the legend of Che Guevara, witness daily life in Vinales’ verdant tobacco fields, peel back the curtain on Santiago de Cuba’s ballet culture, wander the French-infused waterfront of Cienfuegos, dance to Cuban rhythms in Trinidad and go snorkelling in the Bay of Pigs. Finish it off with a cruise through Havana’s grand old streets in a classic American convertible.
Departure dates from Havana *Below dates are subject to availability
• Sat 11 Feb 2017 – Thu 23 Feb 2017
• Sat 25 Feb 2017 – Thu 9 Mar 2017
• Sat 4 Mar 2017 – Thu 16 Mar 2017
• Sat 18 Mar 2017 – Thu 30 Mar 2017
• Sat 8 Apr 2017 – Thu 20 Apr 2017
• Wed 19 Apr 2017 – Mon 1 May 2017
• Sat 29 Apr 2017 – Thu 11 May 2017
• Sat 20 May 2017 – Thu 1 Jun 2017
• Sat 10 Jun 2017 – Thu 22 Jun 2017
• Sat 22 Jul 2017 – Thu 3 Aug 2017
• Sat 12 Aug 2017 – Thu 24 Aug 2017
• Sat 9 Sep 2017 – Thu 21 Sep 2017
• Sat 16 Sep 2017 – Thu 28 Sep 2017
• Sat 30 Sep 2017 – Thu 12 Oct 2017
• Sat 14 Oct 2017 – Thu 26 Oct 2017
• Wed 25 Oct 2017 – Mon 6 Nov 2017
• Sat 28 Oct 2017- Thu 9 Nov 2017
• Wed 8 Nov 2017 – Mon 20 Nov 2017
• Sat 11 Nov 2017 – Thu 23 Nov 2017
• Wed 22 Nov 2017 – Mon 4 Dec 2017
• Sat 25 Nov 2017 – Thu 7 Dec 2017
Why we love this trip
- Get behind the scenes and discover real Cuban life. Explore avant-garde sculpture with a local artist in Ciego de Avila, visit the tobacco fields for a snapshot of rural life in Vinales and take a private tour of a ballet theatre in Santiago de Cuba
- History enthusiasts will not be disappointed. Visit the Che Guevara Mausoleum and Museum in Santa Clara, and learn about the Bay of Pigs Invasion at the Gion Museum
- The French-founded port town of Cienfuegos is a real slice of heaven. Enjoy a drink on the roof of its crown-jewel building, the Palacio del Valle
See why Trinidad is a favourite among so many Peregrine travellers. Your time in this old-world Cuban town includes a salsa dance lesson and plenty of time for seaside leisure
- Never mind an impersonal bus tour. Be acquainted with Camaguey in true local style – on a bicycle taxi
Ride through the streets of Havana in a vintage American convertible\
Is this trip right for you?
- Cuba is different, and that’s a big part of its allure. Things don’t always go according to plan, and many things don’t work the same way as back home. Patience and good humour will go a long way in this beautiful destination.
- Cash is difficult to access in Cuba. Credit cards (not debit cards) are essential – ideally multiple credit cards from several different banks.
- Luxuries such as air conditioning, and even kitchen sinks, are often scarce. Part of the experience here is learning to appreciate everyday Cuban resourcefulness.
- Hotels in Cuba are government-run, which means renovations are few and far between. The Cuban guesthouses (Casas Particulares) we use are much nicer than your average Cuban dwelling, and each one is unique, like a B&B. ‘Premium guesthouses’ are an upgrade from these, and ‘Deluxe guesthouses’ are the highest standard. That said, power cuts and breaks in hot water are sometimes unavoidable, as in any developing country.
- Internet in Cuba can be scarce, unreliable and expensive. Treat this trip as a holiday from emails and social media.
Days: Approximately 16 days based on 13 day land itinerary + 2 nights either pre or post accommodation + travel from/to Australia.
• Return economy flights from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide* (Ask us about upgrading to business class flights)
• Choice of either 2 nights pre or post tour accommodation
• Urban Adventure day tour of your choice in Havana, or in a stopover city, such as LA, Mexico City or Cancun
If you would like to fly from Perth, Darwin, Canberra or elsewhere in Australia, please contact us for package pricing.