Come along on an awe-inspiring adventure traversing three great nations – Russia, Mongolia and China. From the opulence of Moscow and St Petersburg to the grace of imperial Beijing, travel along the most famous railway in the world through the heartland of Siberia and the vast grassy steppe of Mongolia – this trip showcases rail travel at its finest.
- Climb aboard and discover Russia, Mongolia and China on one of the world’s greatest and most epic journeys.Here's just some of what is in store for you: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/picture-worth-8000-kilometres-trans-mongolian/
- Share in traditional tastes with a visit to the home of one of our local friends – indulge in a meal of hearty regional flavours and assist the family in baking pastries
- Live life on the shores of magnificent Lake Baikal in a Siberian village
- Experience a traditional Russian banya – a refreshing steam, wash, and birch branch ‘massage’
- Stay in the Mongolian wilderness local-style with an overnight in a tourist ger camp
- Discover Mongolia's rich cultural heritage, from the country’s original Buddhist temple to the city built by Genghis Khan
- Cross 8,000 kilometres to end in buzzing Beijing and discover China’s ancient past and contemporary culture