It may only be the USA’s thirteenth-largest state, but Utah packs more into its 200,000 square kilometres than most countries, let alone states, could ever dream of. Beginning in Las Vegas, leave Utah’s noisy neighbour behind to discover the tranquility of the hidden gardens of Zion, the majestic spires of Bryce Canyon, the inspired desert scenery of Moab and the iconic Monument Valley. Get into the heart of this giant continent, discovering what makes the USA tick by exploring it’s diverse and rugged scenery.
- Learn about pioneer spirit as you hike through Utah's varied national parks, stopping to wash off the desert dust in lakes and streams
- Camp beneath the towering Angel's Landing, and decide whether you'd like to tackle the the infamous trail to the top of the great rock formation
- As well as the famous must-see attractions on this trip, visit some lesser-known but no less spectacular national parks, such as Dead Horse Point and Arches National Park
- Learn about Navajo culture and history during a jeep tour of Monument Valley, where the landscape is as surreal as it is beautiful, before spending a unique night in a traditional hogan hut
- Joan Didion called it "bizarre and beautiful"; Chuck Palahniuk said it's how "heaven must look at night" and Katy Perry (arguably the most talented writer of the bunch) implored you to "get up and shake the glitter off your clothes" after spending the night there. That's right, it's Vegas, baby! Begin and end your trip in the original sin city