Travel with Intrepid and Lonely Planet to experience the ancient stories and pharaonic cultures that are the quintessential image of Egypt. For 15 days, adventure to bustling Cairo, cruise along the Nile in a traditional felucca and explore Luxor, Alexandria and coastal Hurghada. Gaze at the grandeur of the pyramids, step back in time at magnificent tombs and relax on deck while you watch rural Egyptian life pass you by along the Nile. Acclaimed sights, tucked-away treasures, Nubian hospitality and everything in between – let your mind wander as you discover the true face of Egypt.
- Cairo is a place like no other; a rambling metropolis of sand-beaten colours and ancient wonder. You'll have plenty of time to explore the acclaimed sites and lose yourself in bustle of this fascinating city.
- Bask in the unique atmosphere of Aswan and experience not only the warmth and charm of Nubian hospitality, but also some delicious traditional cuisine on a local homestay.
- Set sail on one of the world’s most iconic rivers with an included felucca trip down the Nile. Relax and soak up the landscapes, as scenes of everyday Egyptian life pass you by.
- Unwind in the vibrant beach resort of Hurghada, perhaps exploring the extraordinary ecosystem and coral reefs off Giftun Island deep in the dazzling Red Sea.
- Uncover one of the greatest cities in antiquity, Alexandria, reborn as Egypt’s alternative capital, and pay your respects at El Alamein – an important World War II battle site.