Discover the contrasts of modern and ancient Egypt on a 15-day Premium adventure. Beginning and ending in Egypt’s capital, Cairo, gaze up at the magnificent Pyramids of Giza, take a four-day cruise down the legendary Nile and explore the grand temples of Abu Simbel. Uncover the secrets of the Valley of the Kings, Karnak Temple and the city of Alexandria. Visit the tombs of ancient pharaohs, share meals with local families and stand in awe of gigantic, rock-cut statues. Accompanied by a local Egyptologist leader, learn about the mystery and beauty of these ancient lands.
- Discover the Pyramids of Giza, Valley of the Kings, Kom Ombo Temple, Philae Island, Karnak Temple complex, the ancient city of Alexandria, battle site of El Alamein and the many sides of Cairo.
- Travel with a local Egyptologist leader, learn about Nubian life during an evening at a family home, stop in for a traditional dinner with a local family in Cairo and take in a snapshot of local life at a buzzing cafe in Cairo.
- Take your time exploring Abu Simbel with an overnight stay, discovering this magnificent monument carved out of the mountainside with less crowds, followed by an incredible sound and light show.
- Relax with four nights on a premium Nile riverboat, allowing you to cruise up the river in comfort, past ancient temples, watching local life unfolding on the riverbank as you get to the heart of each destination.
- Experience the best of Egyptian cuisine during a welcome dinner in Cairo, high tea at the Old Cataract Hotel in Aswan, traditional meals in two family homes and a visit to Cairo’s oldest cafe.