Often overlooked, Ethiopia’s spectacular nature reserves and diverse tribal communities are ripe for exploration. Go off the beaten track and visit remote tribes in the Omo Valley, or take to the high road in search of Ethiopian wolves in the Bales Mountain range. Spot crocodiles lazing on the shores of Lake Chamo and explore the five islands of Lake Ziway. This is a raw and immersive journey into the hidden heart of Ethiopia.
TRIP CHANGES 2018:
• Omo Valley taken out of itinerary
• 3 nights in Harar added
• 1 night in Awash National Park Added
• 2 nights in Wendo Genet taken out and replaced with 2 nights in Awassa
- Meet friendly tribespeople in the Omo Valley and learn about the many different tribal identities in the region.
- Visit the Awassa Children's Project and see how donations get put to good use.
- Look for the elusive Simien red fox in Bale Mountains National Park and climb the summit of Tulu Dimtu for spectacular views.