Whether you’re watching a sombre silverback gorilla in his natural habitat, descending 600 metres to the floor of the volcanic Ngorongoro Crater or haggling over chickens and pigs with locals at a market in Nairobi, this 18-day tour offers opportunities to create travel memories most people only dream of. Journey through Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania in search of some of the world’s most mythologised animals. Along the way, meet locals and gain an understanding of the diversity of cultures in East Africa – from the Maasai tribespeople to villagers on the outskirts of Nairobi and the hip working class residents of Kigali’s Nyamirambo neighbourhood.
- Seek out the rare mountain gorilla on a trek through Uganda's steamy forests and spend an unforgettable hour in their presence, with permits included in the price of the trip.
- Visit Mikozi Village and become acquainted with the Ugandan countryside. Visit the local markets, speak with a traditional healer and enjoy a drink or two at the local bar.
- Visit a street market and haggle alongside locals for pigs and chickens before delivering them to villages on the outskirts of Nairobi.
- Explore the Serengeti National Park in depth during three game drives and a night spent camping in the middle of this spectacular wildlife arena.
- Take a mind-blowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an open roof 4WD for a chance to see the endangered black rhinoceros, plus lions, zebra and more.