Morocco might make you think of big markets and bigger deserts, but there’s so much more to this exciting country in north-western Africa. Take an eight-day adventure to some of Morocco’s most colourful places, passing some awesome beaches along the way. Taghazout is a magnet for Moroccan chillers thanks to some A-grade Atlantic surf and other seaside towns like Essaouira are made for kicking back and soaking up some cultural vibes. Country living out by the Atlas Mountains can’t be beat either – the people are nice, the views are pretty and you’re not gonna find food this good in a restaurant. Take the time to check out some of Morocco’s best secrets, from the mountains to the beaches.
- Delight in some traditional accommodation experiences on this Moroccan adventure, including a family-run gite (mountain home) in the Atlas Mountains and a historic riad (traditional nobleman’s house) in colourful Essaouira.
- Run to Paradise Valley – a series of waterfalls cascading through ridges and canyons. The blue pools and waterfalls are some of the most beautiful out there, and you’ll have time to explore and take a dip.
- It’s not a stretch to say that relaxing yoga lessons on the coast of South Morocco are a highlight of this adventure. Begin with a class, before using the same balancing manoeuvres on a surfboard in Taghazout.
- Get to know Essaouira as a ‘little picture’ for a reason – the city of the wind draws all sorts of artsy types thanks to its culture (and maybe it’s delicious grilled seafood too).
- Experience Djemaa el-Fna in all of its glory with an included street food experience with your group. Eat where the locals eat, and see authentic Morocco in Marrakech