If you only have days to spare and a hankering for the sand and stars of the Sahara, this 3-day round-trip journey from Marrakech is the perfect fix. Venture into the desert and over dunes on the back of a camel, watch the sun set and rise over the windswept Erg Chebbi waves and camp under the star-filled North African sky. Along the way, visit the ancient ksar of Ait Benhaddou and the lush Todra Valley, and get the special opportunity to sip tea and break bread with members of change-making women’s associations in both spots. A locally based licensed Intrepid leader will accompany you in comfortable transport the whole way, offering insights into local culture, history and geography at every step of your journey.
- Camp under the desert skies of the Sahara and travel by camel to incredible sunset views over the Erg Chebbi dunes.
- Travel with an expert local leader and ride in comfort in a private vehicle from the bustle of Marrakech to the serenity of the Sahara.
- Visit with the women of the Tawesna Association and a Todra women’s association to learn about the work they’re doing to support local Moroccan women.
- Make stops in the ancient ksar of Ait Benhaddou and the lush Todra Valley and get a feel for local life.
- Enjoy iconic Moroccan and Amazigh dishes each day and feel the warmth of Moroccan hospitality.