Enter a world of both natural wonder and big city glamour. Admire the majestic beauty of Longji rice terraces, appreciate limestone karsts dotted around rice paddies in Yangshuo, discover the abandoned towers of Kaiping, indulge in a passionate food culture, and hit the water in Hong Kong.
- Start off with scenic bike ride through Kaiping, revealing the hidden history and clan culture of its many abandoned diaolou (fortified tower houses).
- Spend time hiking the rice terrace-carved landscape of Longji and visiting communities that call this pocket of China home.
- Cycle amongst the dramatic karst-dotted countryside of Yangshuo that has been immortalised in countless traditional Chinese paintings.
- Gain an insight into an important element of Chinese culture with a visit to a local tea farm in Yangshuo. Learn a few things about tea picking and perhaps sample a cuppa.
- Discover the coast of Hong Kong by kayak. Paddle through giant stone arches and to uninhabited islands and beaches for some sun and surf time.